News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

add to cart buttons stopped working

Started by jnzken, July 19, 2013, 05:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnzken

Add to cart buttons just stopped working. I upgraded to 2.0.22 and now when I try to upgrade to 2.0.22a I get an" Invalid Token, in store config" error. This kind of stuff gets quite frustrating. I am using Joomla 2.5.11. Reinstalled 2.0.22 but still not able to use add to cart buttons or up date to 2.0.22a.

www.vitalhealthremedies.com

Update: My site has decided to work. The add to cart buttons just started to work again.  :-\  How do you explain that?
Update: My site has stopped working in a matter of minutes. How crazy is that?
Update: If I type in the URL the site does not work but if I click on the link above the add to cart buttons work.

jenkinhill

On your server/configuration you appear to need www.in the url for the add to cart to work. Use .htaccess on the server to force urls to use www.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jnzken

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me how to do what you are asking? I know you just write a script in notepad or something but what would that script look like?

Would you also put the htaccess file in the root directory where the site resides? Could you append to the htaccess file in the public folder where the site resides?

I appreciate the help.

jenkinhill

The actual syntax of an .htaccess file dependes on your server, but if it were on my server I would use something like:

Options +SymlinksIfOwnerMatch

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^(.*)\.vitalhealthremedies\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.vitalhealthremedies.com/$1 [R=301,L]

But you may already be using Joomla's .htaccess file in your Joomla root, in which case you just need to insert the last two lines  in the Custom redirects block.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Htaccess
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jnzken

Jenkinhill,

The htaccess script  seems to have worked.

I placed the last two lines in the joomla htaccess file in the custom redirect area.

Thank you

Update: Found out you can also go to your hosting company and in the "control panel" under "domains" you can add a redirect to "www" for your URL.

On a different note:

I have been using this forum for years even though my ID says a beginner. I have used your, (Jenkinhill), solutions  many times and just wanted to say THANK YOU for your dedication to this forum and all the time and energy you put into it.