News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Which combination of joomla and virtuemart2 works both local and remote

Started by macan, March 29, 2013, 23:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macan

I tried installing Virtuemart 2 in its various versions from 2.0.1 to the latest 2.0.20b in local server  wampserver2.2e-php5.4.3-httpd-2.4.2-x64-mysql5.5.24  and always gives me errors in some cases many mistakes.

I tried combining different versions of virtuemat 2 with joomla versions from 2.5.4 to 2.5.9 and I never get them properly installed without errors.

Sometimes I get countless warnings in orange and says at the end that was installed correctly, but these warnings persist and when I try to set the store does not get to keep the currency setting or the name and there it is.

In addition, I installed joomla 2.5.9 and vm 2.0.20b in 2freehosting host with Apache Version:Apache/2.2.17  PHP Version:5.3 MySQL Version:5.1.58 and I had problems using the shopping cart, when I use it, the site hangs.

Someone could tell me what to do? Is there any combination that works? Should I change wamp for another? For what?

Thank you!

jenkinhill

You most probably have not configured WAMP with sufficient PHP resources and may be using an incorrect version of PHP in any case. PHP5.3.x is what you need.

Again on your host there will almost certainly will be resource issues. That's why it is so cheap.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

macan

I am using the last version of WAMP with PHP 5.4.3 and Ive configuired PHP for max upload 64M and 360 seconds

jenkinhill

Try with a 5.3 version of PHP, and those settings are too low for a localhost, which is much slower than a real server. Settings I use on a fast Linux server are in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

macan

I do not why, but I still cant get to install properly virtuemart in WAMP.
I changed wamp version from PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.3.13 with Resource Limits ;
max_execution_time = 120
memory_limit = 256M

; File Uploads ;
upload_max_filesize = 128M

post_max_size = 128M
I´m installing vm 2.0.20b

jenkinhill

The settings are probably still too low. Make sure you are changing the correct php.ini
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK