News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

I do not receive orders VM2 in gmail account

Started by pixelatumente, February 04, 2013, 21:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelatumente

I am creating a store and testing in sandbox mode PayPal and bank transfer. The seller receives the orders but buyer with gmail account not.
If the buyer chooses another email account other than gmail, then it works fine.
Is there a problem with such accounts gmail, hotmail, etc?

Hujub

Bumpidy Bump,

I updated a few weeks ago to V2.0.18a and No confirmation emails to gmail!

The store's mail is all configured through gmail so i cant really change it.

I tested with a hotmail account and it working fine.

Have read quite a few threads on this with no answers.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pixelatumente

My global configuration e-mail server isn't gmail, it's another count...  ¡¡??

Hujub

Even when i change to smtp still no mail coming through.

It makes no sense that php mail was fine until the update and then it stops working

DG

Same applies here for a client - VM2.0.18a / Joomla 2.5.9.  No hotmail and gmail clients receiving emails.
Site has been using PHP with no issues.  Changed to SMTP and still no emails.  Changed back to PHP.  Emails from hotmail etc not being received.
Any solutions/suggestions?

jenkinhill

It has been suggested elsewhere that some shared hosts are not permitting automatic email to be sent to mail addresses that they believe may be associated with spamming - eg gmail and hotmail, which is stupid! There is a new fix to appear in the next release to help those on servers that do not send any VM email, and it may be worth a try here.

Unpack the attached file and upload to joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/   - keep a copy of the original shopfunctionsf.php file in case it does not work at all. I have tested the file on my servers, and mail works OK - but then it always has done, so I cannot see if it fixes those whose mail does not work.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hujub

This issue has been solved for me,

my host had upgraded their server and had caused some conflict.

Took him a few minutes to solve

Thanks

servlet

Fortgot about gmail and other web e-mail. They have a lot of limitations... one is mails per hour and day and....
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com