News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Discount problems

Started by jani_k, February 06, 2013, 18:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jani_k

Hello,

I have built many sites with VM 1.1 and this is the first time working with the 2.0 version. The site is basically finished and ready to go, all we want to do is add discounts to certain products, mostly featured products.

First problem: As soon as I make a new discount in the Taxes section that discount is automatically applied to EVERY product in the store. Depending on the option I check, it either applies to every product or none at all.

Second problem: Even if the discount applies, I would still like to retain the standard look of Original price, Discount and then the New price. Those don't show either.

Now I did some searching and found a couple of posts with the same problems, but all of those require extensive code hacks. Now I can do that, but I would just like to check if I am missing something very basic or doing things wrong or something.

I am using VM 2.0.18a and I am frankly shocked that even in the latest version this BASIC shopping cart functionality is totally counterintuitive and even worse it simply doesn't work.