News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Some Issues After Upgrading to VM 2.0.18

Started by tikhonov, January 14, 2013, 02:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tikhonov

Hi there!

After upgrading from VM 2.0.14 to the latest 2.0.18 version, I have verified the following problems:
1) During the checkout process and after setting the shipment method, the customer is redirected back to cart. In my previous version the customer was redirected to the payment method page.
2) During the checkout process and after setting both the shipment and payment methods, the message that informs the customer that all order parameters have been set is not displayed.
3) If will I upload the virtuemart_parser.php file, I get an empty page with the COM_VIRTUEMART_MIGRATION_WARN_VM1_EXTENSIONS message. Note that I had never any VM1 version, while my first VM version was the 2.0.8.

In order to try to fix any of the above problems I checked the template overwrites. Specifically, I temporarily removed the html/com_virtuemart folder, but the problems were still there. Note that I have updated both VM2 and AIO.

I am not sure where is the root of the problem, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikos

Joomla! 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18

randomdev

I also get the COM_VIRTUEMART_MIGRATION_WARN_VM1_EXTENSIONS message after upgrading from 2.0.15

Edit: Have narrowed this down to the vm search autocomplete plugin.

tikhonov

Any idea on any of my 3 problems after upgrading to VM 2.0.18a?

Thanks

tikhonov

Sorry for my repeated posts, but I am really concerned especially about the 2nd issue.

Please give some ideas why the checkout message (corresponds to COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_CHECKOUT_DONE_CONFIRM_ORDER) is not being further shown? This message is critical for a customer to be helped by the system and to complete the checkout process.

Thanks

hemu

After automatic upgrade from VM 2.0.10 to VM 2.0.18 it first seemed everything is ok, and now after few days, my whole site frontpage (even if its not connected anyways with Virtuemart section!!!) is down, and says in white page only:
COM_VIRTUEMART_MIGRATION_WARN_VM1_EXTENSIONS

Very serious!!!
Only my clients index.php is down, but I get to other pages by knowing URL:s like www.domain.com/otherpages
I allready switched off every module in home page, and tried to get rid of unused extencions, like Virtuemart Search Product... And noticed that all its modules are version 2.0.0RC3, when only Virtuemart Administration component is new version 2.0.18a.

jenkinhill

Sounds like you have not upgraded properly with both VM components each time. You should have much later modules than those!

Take an Akeeba backup of the site - or use one made recently, and install that on your server or localhost. Then update on that copy VM using Joomla's extension manager, make sure you install the com_virtuemart.2.0.18a.tar.gz first, followed immediately by the com_virtuemart.2.0.18a_ext_aio.tar.gz

Then test.

If you get the message "Attention: You have still old vm extensions in your joomla installation active, uninstall or disable them"  (which is what you should have seen instead of   COM_VIRTUEMART_MIGRATION_WARN_VM1_EXTENSIONS ) and you are sure that you have no old VM1.1 plugins or modules present then try using virtuemart_parser.php from your old VM version instead of the current one (it is in components/com_virtuemart/ directory)

Then you know how to fix the live site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tikhonov

Finally for me the blank page with the COM_VIRTUEMART_MIGRATION_WARN_VM1_EXTENSIONS message (issue #3 in my 1st post) seems that is related to the template I currently use. Reverting back to a standard Joomla! template, the frontpage is loading normally.

hemu

Thanks for your quick help, need to upgrade all these extencions manually. Thought that automated upgrade does that!---
I solved my problem, which was  actually Frontpage Slideshow V 3.0 in my frontpage... It can be linked to Virtuemart product, and when I had one slide linked to Virtuemart product, it crashed my site frontpage... And missunderstood that it was virtuemarts fault, cause error said so... So i guess FPSS version 3.0 don't work with newest Virtuemart 2.0.18 anymore...