News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Recently viewed products not working

Started by antogkez, December 15, 2012, 12:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antogkez

Hello to everyone!
does enybody know why my "Recently viewed products" should not work? I've checked from backend config to show featured, latest and Recently viewed products in virtuemart homepage but in Recently viewed products it shows the same products. I want to show what the user just viewed. Do i have to config something with the cookies?
Thanks in advance
versions: Joomla! 2.5.7 | VM 2.0.12b

bytelord

Hello,

I could suggest you to upgrade to 2.0.14, the template changes are very small.

Also do you template overrides? Did you try without them?

Recently products should show the latest products you have visit for vm2 front page.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

antogkez

Hello,
I've done many changes to the latout and other stuff (link to product image rather than zoom, 90x90 thumb, erase the "details" button ect.) and i don't want to upgrade yet to another version... but i don't think my overrides are responsible for not working that feature...

bytelord

Hello,

Works for me fine, if you have create the template overrides normally (by copying the files from com_virtuemart/view/[view]/tmlp/[file].php to templates/your_joomla_template/com_virtuemart/[view]/[file].php then you will not loose any changes ... just update the template files you have override with the new changes ... but in any case backup first.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!