Little Help Please. Reset Currencies to Default and Why 2 currency codes?

Started by saviB, November 08, 2012, 17:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saviB

Ignorantly, I deleted the currencies from the Currency List. Is there a way to reset Currencies to default?

WHY? Like a lot of folks, I got the error: Attention, could not find currency code in the table for id = 144.

So I added a USD currency manually. Assigned it as the default currency in Shop. Still got the error. Went to PHP admin and found:

_virtuemart_currencies

Which has currency_code_2 and currency_code_2 fields (INSERT QUESTION: ARE THERE SUPPOSED TO BE TWO?).

Both had virtuemart_currency_id set to 202. Changing this to 144 in currency_code_2 also changed it in currency_code_3 and threw the error in VM admin that currency wasn't set. I set the currency in Shop to USD. This seemed to fix up the problem BUT in Front Page view, Featured Products and Best Sellers throw the same error, but now with 202 missing!

Instead of fiddling with adding and subtracting, I'd like to reset the currencies. Any ideas are appreciated.

NOTE - I found this same error: Attention, could not find currency code in the table for id on several other posts. They either had no answer, or the poster updated it with "I fixed It" but gave no explanation or useable instruction as to how.

Stonedfury

Wish there was an update to this. I just noticed it and no idea why or where the hell it came out of. One day no issues the next this.
Attention, could not find currency code in the table for id = 1
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.