News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

problem installing virtuemart helppppp

Started by henry0130, October 26, 2012, 15:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry0130

hi sorry I'm trying to install the virtuemart but I upload it says
There was an error uploading the file to the server.

nose to do so, and already tried all ways and nothing is the first time I get this please help me

jenkinhill

That error message usually means that the file you are uploading is larger than the  upload_max_filesize set  in your server php.ini

If you don't know your php.ini settings look in Joomla 2.5 admin menu:  Site/System information/PHP information   scroll down and look under Core for upload_max_filesize value. It should really be 8Mb or greater.

If you have access to edit php.ini then edit it to increase the value. If you don't then ask your host to increase the setting. Note that some low end shared server hosts will not permit any increase.

The values I use on the server are in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125

Note that the targz.zip package files are smaller than the .zip files so it may be adviable to try those if you have not yet done so.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum