News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem Installing VM 2.012b

Started by gutabo, October 11, 2012, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutabo

Greetings,

I'm trying to install VM into a Joomla 2.5.6 site. At first I tried using the .zip files using the extensions manager but couldn't do a thing so I switched to the .tar files. The first file("com_virtuemart.2.0.12b.tar.gz") then was installed with no issues but whenever I try to install the second file I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/*username-removed*/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/html.php on line 32

Of course, I googled it and found an answer updating the PHP memory limit using an .htaccess file. That went wrong with an "Internal server error". Help please?

Apache version: 2.2.22
PHP version: 5.3.15
MySQL version: 5.0.96-community-log

jenkinhill

A 500 when you have just edited .htaccess usually means that the syntax is not correct for your server. Or it could be that your host does not permit the overriding of php.ini settings with .htaccess. Maybe you should check with the host.

Ideally you should directly edit the server php.ini file to increase memory_limit to 128Mb. On some cPanel servers you can install your own php.ini file in the joomla root directory to override the default values.

My host has the default settings decsribed here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gutabo

Thanks for your quick reply, I was waiting for an answer from my host. They have increased the limit to 128MB. I can see that in my phpinfo file. But it has not fixed my issue. Support took its sweet time with my questions, finally answered me that it was a virtuemart issue and pointed me here:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98928.0

Thing is, that link is about people trying to work with an already installed virtuemart. I haven't installed Virtuemart yet. Any help please?

djliquid

Hey, guys.

I am having an error upgrading from 2.0.12 to 2.0.12b

i am assuming it has to do with a memory limit. I have a shared server for this site with 1and1.com and Joomla runs fine and never really have errors but I seem to be getting this error.

"There was an error uploading this file to the server."

I tried installing it thru the tmp directory with the same problem.

any insight is greatly appreciated.

jnzken

djliquid,
Try downloading the targz.zip file from VM and installing it . This worked for me. I had the same problem and "bytelord" from another post suggested this solution.