News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to send copy of email to manufacturer?

Started by strom2, September 29, 2012, 18:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strom2

Hi, I´ve been searching for this option almost everywhere.
I need to set in Virtuemart everytime the payment is made the manufacturer will (automatically) receive the bcc of this email? We have several manufacturers and some of them ask for this.

Thanks for help.

John2400

strom2,

hi the issue of (manufacturer) - that depends on some settings and some future developments in VM.

* the system has been working hard on Multiple Vendors - so that the buyer and the vendor will receive an email.
* Vm2 is working very hard on trying to get multiple vendors getting the email.
* From there you could set up the server that the buyer gets and email, the multi vendors get and email, but then is the Manufacturer is he one of the vendors or is he at a different level.?

* so that you have three levels of  emails - ? the system becomes very difficult if you are asking for a third level of emails? maybe ask your question again and specify if you are saying that the manufacturer is a vendor or is it - that you have buyers, vendors and maufactures getting emails.   At the moment you might find that level two is still being perfected in VM2.

strom2

Thanks for your answer.
I see it is complicated. What I need is set up system when the bcc of email, after the payment is completed, will go manufacturer who is interested in it. Not to every single one.
Anyway, I found easier way. I just set up new filter/rule in my email account settings based on the subject of email generated by virtuemart. This way it will always send the bcc to the manufacturer of specific product.

John2400

strom2,

That's neat - so not at the server level just at the outlooks - rules level on your home computer-?

Just point out a little how you did that - i might find a use for it myself -

* so the email comes into your system - you have set up a rule and from there it goes to a folder -?

* does it automatically go to the maunfacturer or do you have to manually send - Nice to see an idea.

strom2

No, you have to do it at your email provider webpage, search your administration page or something similar. I did not find a way to force outlook send automatically copy after you receive the email. You can do it when you send, but this is not what we want :-)

I set rule or filter to send automatically bcc when subject (or text of email) contains the name of product to manufacturers email, kept the original email in received emails. I have the email, manufacturer has the copy right away. We are both satisfied.

bytelord

Hi,
I am thinking for doing that you need to create a vm extend plugin or to edit your payment plugin and extend it in such way so when the payment is successful except sending e-mail to the vendor and shopper also send's an e-mail to the manufacturer of the product. There will be some issues that sometimes may be in checkout you have 10 products so you will need to create a loop for all the products and send also a copy to the manufacturers mail address.

The function that uses for example paypal payment plugin is sendEmailToVendorAndAdmins and located under administrator\components\com_virtuemart\plugins\vmpslugin.

That function is responsible for sending the mails to admins and vendors. You could create a new sending mail to manufacturers of the products and use it inside your payment plugins like the other plugin does with sendEmailToVendorAndAdmins.

Hope it helps you out.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!