News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Prices driving me batty :( Please Help!!!

Started by Eternity, September 28, 2012, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternity

Hi, Ok, so what I want to do is insert the cost price into the field and have VM 2.0.10 automatically add the markup and display ONLY the selling price on the front end, for some reason I have a whole bunch of prices being shown and I have no clue where I put in the mark up so I have to do this manually.  Then to complicate matters just a tad, I have 2 currencies, so nothing is showing when I change currency. I need it to show as the Selling Price with the exchange rate considered. So for example, on USD i want it to show selling price of cost price plus mark up (i.e. cp = $10 therefore sp = $12) so USD must show $12 and nothing else while ZAR must show R108 being the USD selling price multiplied by ROE (rate of exchange)... Is this even possible? If so WHERE do I put in what information to make it show correctly? Please may I have some assistance?? Thank you in advance.

jenkinhill

Here is what I do to get only the selling price to display having calculated my margin.

Under Tax & Calculation Rule I have only one entry, my margin - of 40%  (see pic)
Under config/pricing I only have ticks against Final salesprice
For each product I have Tax & Discount price both set to apply no rule.
I enter the Cost price and hit Save
The Final price is now calculated and entered  (Override is set to disabled)
I enter image etc and save & close the product.

In the store it then shows correctly with just the Sales price (with a language override I have set this to just "Price")

Note that caching can be a problem in testing things like this - remember in J2.5 to go to Site/Maintenace/Clear cache & delete entries to check updates.

I only use a single currency, so the next bit is up to the currency converter..........

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Eternity

Yay!!!! Jenkill ty so very very much!!!! It worked!!!! I managed to get the currency thing working too!!! (Hope I remember how for future reference lol) Only problem I am having now is that in dollars the price shows as $20 but in the other currency it is showing as 20 R .... but I will fiddle and see if I can fix it else create a new post next week.  Thanks again for your help!!!!!