News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Modules giving 500 error with VM2.0.10

Started by hartleyheaton, September 03, 2012, 11:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartleyheaton

I have a problem with the Shopping Cart Module. I upgraded a site I am building from VM2.0.2 to VM2.0.10 and access to the shop page started giving "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

After a lot of investigation I discovered that if I unpublished the Shopping Cart module the problem is cleared however I want the shopping cart on the page.

I am running Joomla 2.5.6, VM2.9.10, PHP 5.2 (PHP5.3 will not work with the rest of the site) There is no version number shown on the module however it does say VM 2+ compatible.

I have not been able to find an update to the modules, can you please let me know where I can find these.

jenkinhill

When you updated to 2.0.10 did you also update the aio component? com_virtuemart.2.0.10_ext_aio.tar.gz  (or .zip)? You need the matching verion.

The server error log file should give details of the actual serror causing the 500
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hartleyheaton

Yes I had installed the aio file.

Looking at the log file, this is the only Fatal error I can find:
QuotePHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/sites/dancingkites.co.uk/public_html/plugins/vmpayment/klarna/klarna/api/klarna.php on line 3462, referer: http://www.dancingkites.co.uk/

Not that I know what it means or how to sort it out.

I tried reinstalling the aio file and the problem still exists, in fact it has become worse as the menus for all the site have now disappeared. I am going back to a backup before installing VM2.0.10 to make sure that this is OK. I had just transferred the site from one server to another prior to doing the update so don't know if this is causing a problem.

hartleyheaton

Just done a restore taking the site back to version 2.0.2 and everything is operating as I expected.

I think I will avoid version 2.0.10 until I have the time to do further tests on this - not convinced at the moment that there are not problems, possibly only under certain conditions.

jenkinhill

The error message tells me that you had you just disabled the Klarna plugin (which you don't need if you are in the UK) then it would have worked OK without having to reinstall. (Or increase the php memory allocation in the server php.ini).
VM 2.0.2 has known security issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum