News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Siteground Hosting Problem with Virtuemart 2.0.6 upgrade

Started by princessbs, May 07, 2012, 19:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessbs

Looking for anyone who uses Siteground shared hosting and has successfully completed the upgrade to 2.0.6    I have contacted them regarding "MySQL server has gone away" errors and naturally they recommend upgrading to a dedicated server, Premium Support, etc....  not buying it.  Anyone have Siteground?

Hristo.p

Hello,

I have investigated your case in details and it turned out that the upgrade process is exceeding the MySQL limitations on our shared hosting servers. I have contacted our senior supervisors and asked them to follow-up your ticket in our Help Desk system. If you agree, our team will conduct the upgrade for you without endangering the server stability completely free of charge :) You won't need to upgrade to a more powerful solution since it is only the upgrade process itself that requires a lot of resources and not the regular work of the application.
SiteGround.Com, Product Development, Technical

princessbs

Amazing!!  I just replied to the ticket. Thank you.

Hristo.p

SiteGround.Com, Product Development, Technical

Danimeeka

Hi,

I am using php 5.3 and Joomla 2.5. I am having a similar problem with Siteground, who tell me that "The problem which you have encountered occurs when the upgrade cannot be completed due to slow MySQL queries, generated by the application during the upgrade procedures." They advise that I need to do a manual install, which is complicated, requiring expert knowledge in PHP and SQL so I can use their paid script installation service. There's no way my client will agree to that, but my PHP and SQL knowledge is not expert. So Here's my question:

Can anyone recommend a hosting company that CAN accomodate a Virtuemart 2.0.6 upgrade or installation using the standard Joomla Extensions Install/Uninstall facility?

Thankyou!

jenkinhill

I use Unitedhosting.co.uk with no issues installing Joomla or any VM component. They offer US or UK based servers.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

baggeler

I am using Siteground with Virtuemart 2.0.6 (now with 2.0.8) without any problems...

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

nehalemjoe

Hi ... I am running Joomla ver 2.5.6 and VM2 ver 2.0.8e on Siteground without any problems other than my own. Have nothing but excellant tech support.
THANX

johnlanglois

Quote from: Danimeeka on June 05, 2012, 03:20:05 AM
Hi,

I am using php 5.3 and Joomla 2.5. I am having a similar problem with Siteground, who tell me that "The problem which you have encountered occurs when the upgrade cannot be completed due to slow MySQL queries, generated by the application during the upgrade procedures." They advise that I need to do a manual install, which is complicated, requiring expert knowledge in PHP and SQL so I can use their paid script installation service. There's no way my client will agree to that, but my PHP and SQL knowledge is not expert. So Here's my question:

Can anyone recommend a hosting company that CAN accomodate a Virtuemart 2.0.6 upgrade or installation using the standard Joomla Extensions Install/Uninstall facility?

Thankyou!
I would try changing the max_input_time = 60 to 120 and max_execution_time =30 to 60
Also raise the memory_limit = 128M to 256M
All the values are in your php.ini file.