News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

order confirmation email to admin

Started by rengraphicdesign, December 20, 2012, 12:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengraphicdesign

Gday

I am using Joomla 2.5.8 and virtuemart 2.0.14. I have a problem when someone makes an order on the site, the customer gets an order confirm email but my admin (client) doesn't.

If I change their admin email to my personal email it works fine however just won't work when I put it back to their email. Just note their emails are hosted with someone else and the site is hosted with me. So is it an issue with their email hosting?

I have tried  numerous fixes in these forums but nothing seems to work, and I find it strange it works with my email and not theirs? So I am guessing it is something to do with their emails but I'm not sure what it would be? Has anyone else come across this before? I know their emails are hosted with Telstra Bigpond... can someone help please.

If you need to look at the site it is www.whateverqld.com.au
Oh and just note their normal day to day emails are working fine, its just the ones from VM/Joomla that don't work.

Thanks in advance

ren

jenkinhill

Emails are sent to the administrator/vendor, so is the client set as Vendor in the database? I guess you are set as vendor so you can get the mail.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rengraphicdesign

Gday

Yes the client is a vendor. I just came in here to delete my question as I figured it out. It was with the hosting, mail on the site hosting was set to localmail instead of remote mail, so changed that over and all is working.

thank you for your quick reply, did you want me to delete this thread or how do i mark as SOLVED

thanks

ren