Cannot access website (localhost) after installing all-in-one package

Started by ngodichat, June 20, 2012, 13:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngodichat

Hello everyone, I'm a Joomla newbie and I have just installed Virtuemart component today. After installing the first file com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz and the sample data, everything looks fine. However, after installing the next file com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz, I cannot access my website (SERVER ERROR). I am still able to access administrator page. Can you give me a solution please? Many thanks

Alan_Smith

As per my view you should remove all components by using Joomla plugins and reinstall it with proper care. Hope it will solve your problem.

jenkinhill

A failed install. You probably have not set your PHP resource limits high enough. I use these, http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125 but using localhost (which is slower than a Linux server) you will probably need to make max_execution_time higher still.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

denny12

Hi,
I have similar problems:
Installing VM 2.0.4 on Joomla 2.5.6 everything works fine.
Installing VM 2.0.6(!) on the same Joomla I get the following problems:

Installing package files does not work:
First there is a com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz and com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz in the downloaded file com_virtuemart.2.0.6_extract_first.zip.zip. Installation guides instead talk about a "com_virtuemart.2.x.y.zip" and a "com_virtuemart.2.x.y_ext_aio.zip" file which is not there.
The result is a white page at the "end" of installation, but there are no new VM-tables in the database and no new modules/components in Joomla.

Installing unpacked files also does not work:
After increasing upload_max_filesize = 4M (default 2M) and max_file_uploads = 200 (default 20) in the PHP.INI file I installed the files in com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz with "install from directory". Installation process runs through and I find a lot of VM-tables in the database, but no modules in module manager.
Then I install the unpacked  com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz. Now I see 7 VM-modules in position-4 module position, but the entire site is not visible anymore. Just a blank page...

Any idea how to get it running ?

Thank you
Denny

denny12

Hi,
problems solved.
Sometimes it happens like this: I tried everything I could immagine, searched for days in the Internet and did not find a solution. Tired and stressed from the job.  Then I finally post my problem and after posting I follow a link and see the settings posted by jenkinhill. I (further) increased the resource settings and everything worked.
I hope you understand a overburdened developer... ;)

Denny