News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

shopper groups not working? visible to all

Started by misscherylb, May 24, 2012, 15:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misscherylb

I have a shopper group setup for "wholesale" customers, the others are default and anonymous as present at installation. I want default and anonymous to be the non-wholesale, i.e. retail customers.
Now I have a product allocated to default and anonymous and then a second product, which is allocated only to wholesale.
However, both products are visible to anonymous shoppers - what's wrong here?

I've checked "Membergroup to show prices to" in configuration.
And enabled prices in the shopper groups "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" in all three shopper groups.
Am I missing something?

I was looking forward to the next release of VM and hoping I'd then be able to use the multiple price function for the various groups on one product (instead of cloning, i.e. to keep the inventory together). But will it be better to keep two separate shops? Is there a risk of bugs popping up and wrong groups seeing prices they shouldn't know about?

Merry

Quote from: misscherylb on May 24, 2012, 15:41:26 PM
I have a shopper group setup for "wholesale" customers, the others are default and anonymous as present at installation. I want default and anonymous to be the non-wholesale, i.e. retail customers.
Now I have a product allocated to default and anonymous and then a second product, which is allocated only to wholesale.
However, both products are visible to anonymous shoppers - what's wrong here?

I've checked "Membergroup to show prices to" in configuration.
And enabled prices in the shopper groups "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" in all three shopper groups.
Am I missing something?

I was looking forward to the next release of VM and hoping I'd then be able to use the multiple price function for the various groups on one product (instead of cloning, i.e. to keep the inventory together). But will it be better to keep two separate shops? Is there a risk of bugs popping up and wrong groups seeing prices they shouldn't know about?

Hi MissCherylB,

I have made this same mistake before too. For the product "Now I have a product allocated to default and anonymous" do not select Anonymous or Default as those are automatic. For the product that is only for wholesale, on the product page select only wholesale.

Then go to ORDERS & SHOPPERS MENU - Shopper Groups Menu and make sure you have checked "Enable shoppergroup specific price display."

TIP: Also check your pricing displays in CONFIGURATION - Configuration - Pricing Tab section.

Good luck!
Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

misscherylb

Hi Merry

Thanks for your tip!

I just tried doing exactly what you suggest.
So now there is no shopper group in one item and only wholesale in the other.
Ticked all boxes for shopper group pricing in each of the three shopper groups and in config.
So as I understand it, now only registered and logged in wholesale customers should be able to see the wholesale product? And wholesale customers should see only wholesale and none of the other default products? Is that right?

But when I look at front end as anonymous user, I still see both items?
And when I log in as a wholesale customer (only shopper group "wholesale" - not default or anonymous), I also see all items instead of only the one wholesale item?
Some error somewhere?