News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shopping cart does not display

Started by DiveO2, May 14, 2012, 20:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveO2

Hi

I'm using VM2 2.0.6 with Joomla 2.5

For some reason, my shopping cart will not display when I click it.
If I purchase something, the screen just goes back to the category page if I click 'show cart'
I'm using the module 'vm-shopping cart' which shows a small picture of a shopping basket at the top of the screen and whem I press that, I get the small sub shopping cart at the top of the screen, but also when I press 'view cart' from there, it still doesn't show.

I don't know if it's a related problem, but I cant get tax etc to show in the cart! (the small one at the top)

I did have a few problems upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6

Any advice please?
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

DiveO2

I have tried re-installing a fresh download of VM2 version 2.0.6
I did both the install and aio
This did NOT fix the problem
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

DiveO2

I've been through all the settings loads of times and I can't see anything wrong!
Any help appreciated..... :(

DiveO2

Just double, treble & quadruple checked the settings and I'm still nowhere...
Is there anyone out there who can help please?

reminder..... I want to view the cart and then see VAT in the cart (when I can eventually see it)

DiveO2

OK, calling on code junkies...
I've looked at this with multiple PC's using IE, FF & Chrome.
I've found that ONE of the links to the cart works.....
....It's the one in IE where the 'view cart' in up near the top RH side of the page.

....My thinking is, that the problem is in the code and the links are set wrong.
They should go to the 'CART' and not the category page.

Has this given anyone any ideas?

DiveO2

Have I got to find all the answers myself?   :P

...I'm slowly getting somewhere.... Where it ISN'T working, is because the address is wrong..

http://www.mysite.co.uk/component/virtuemart/?Item=115

The above DOES NOT WORK, however, if you remove /component/virtuemart, it does

http://www.mysite.co.uk/?Item=115

The above link DOES work

So, with this information, does anyone know where I can correct it in the VM coding please?

DiveO2

DiveO2

The more I keep trying to find out more about this problem, the more I believe it may be a bug!

Also, the lack of 'experts' offering solutions only seems to fuel that answer :(

jenkinhill

It could well be a JavaScript or SEF issue, but unless you post a url nobody can do anything but guess.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum