News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Usability issue on checkout

Started by brendonhatcher, April 13, 2012, 02:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendonhatcher

Hi

We make payment options visible on a per-country basis, and the same with shipping.
If the user proceeds to checkout without logging in first, then they see "Select shipment" and "Select payment". 
These lead to selection pages, but no options are available for choice, because we don't yet know where the user is.
I can see this leading to a great deal of confusion and abandoned shopping carts.

Ideally these options should be invisible until the user has indicated their country.

I realise that this only applies when the shipping or payment is specific to a country, so of course the "select" items should be available when there is no country restrictions on published payment and shipping elements.

Regards
Brendon

bubu636

I was gonna ask the same question! I understand that it won't show price w/o the shipping address, but then when you click the link, there is nothing to select from...I am afraid that my site will look unprofessional....

It will be great if you can force customers to enter the shipping address or login after showing the cart detail, then the customers can view the shipping fee with drop down options in the next page.

Anyway, maybe my setting is wrong so that I can't see any shipping:payment options from the links.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

janinemachine

I just ship to one country with fixed shipping rate, so it is a problem for me when a user first have to register before shipment option becomes available.

Is there perhaps a way to disable this?

I have disabled User registration in Joomla and also in Virtuemart, but then it wont checkout at all!