Vendor set up and super user / conflict / shipment method not selected

Started by webcent, January 26, 2016, 06:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webcent

VirtueMart version 3.0.12
Joomla Version 3.4.8

If I log in as a Super User, I can make a purchase, The shipment method is picked and and go through to the Pay Pal page to pay.

If I log in as a Test User that I created (Fake Customer) I can log in, pick my product, sign in, but I get a message that states I need to select a shipment method, and the message reads: We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order. At this point I cannot check out.

I also cannot check out as a guest,  shipment method again does not provide (none to choose from) and does not allow me to check out.

I have tried countless suggestions and different configurations to no avail.

Link: http://www.owens-pro.com/       I have been using sku # 55019 o test with

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Jörgen

Hello

Both payment and shipment methods can be setup for specific customer groups. Check the shipment and payment methods if they have any strange settings.

Regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

webcent

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
The payment method shows up in all examples and works. The problem is, The Vendor is also the super admin. When I log in as the super admin, everything works as expected. When I log in as a customer, that's when shipment method message pops up and the shopper cannot check out. For some reason the shipment method, isn't working correctly when a customer log in occurs.
Regards,

webcent

Also, If I disable OPC (One Page Checkout) the shipment method message goes away and when I check out, the the next page that appears is the We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order. No Shipment selected. At this point I cannot check out.

Jörgen

Have you read my answer? Please check you shipment settings for shopper/customer settings.

Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

webcent

Yes, I did read your answer.

I went back and reviewed the settings. Nothing worked. I then went in and unpublished the 2 methods I had and then republished them. It seems to be working now.

I tried fixing this for nearly two days. It was very frustrating.

Thanks again for your reply.

GJC Web Design

Never test the frontend of your shop as an admin..  it is a totally invalid test of the shops operation
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation