News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Joomla 2.5.4/VM 2.0.3 Registration issue.

Started by Bruce Morgan, April 04, 2012, 02:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

I am playing with a test site running locally on XAMPP and notice that the user registration under Joomla has some weird fields that I am unable to get rid of.  Among these are 1. web site, 2. favorite book, 3. About me, and 4. Date of birth.  Also the captcha images field is not displaying at all.  It could be my rocket theme template (zephyr) but I would like to have a unified J/VM registration screen.  I also created a new required shopper field and it did not show up at all.  The instructions for an unregistered user trying to checkout is even worse.

In VM1.1 my solution was to have the VM be the default one.  This does not seem possible with my test site.  My questions as follows:

1.  How can I get rid of the extra fields detailed above?  Is this hard coded in Joomla?
2.  How can I get the new required shopper field to appear?
3.  Is there a way to bypass the Jooma registration and alow users to register before shopping and not be prmted for more information (other than credit card) at checkout?

Bruce

Bruce Morgan

I was partly mistaken.  The user field I created did show up on the screen that appears when registering at checkout.   However, that feature appears to have a bug.  I created a field named "marketing" and with the title "How did you hear about us?"  The first value would have the title "Have bought before" with a value of "1".  The idea is that there are 8 possible choices and the values are numbered 1-8.

My new field was accepted but once I went to add the values the titles were rejected as having "invalid characters".  I then created a value with the title "1" but was unable to delete it.  Finally, I went into the database and manually edited the entry as per my original intent.  It is displayed correctly on the form now.

Bruce