News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't add items to cart

Started by skione, April 22, 2014, 04:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skione

Originally I was having a problem where I would get to checkout, select paypal and then go back to select payment. So I upgraded to the latest version of VM (2.6). I am running Joomla 2.5.19

Now I can get items to add to the cart. Plus I get a wierd JS error:
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
On this line:
$("#virtuemart_country_id").vm2front("list",{dest : "#virtuemart_state_id",ids : "33",prefiks : ""});

I am running PHP 5.3.10 and MySQL 5.6 on Ubuntu 12.04

The URL to the site is:

http://apshobbies.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jenkinhill

You have a JavaSript conflict, giving this error:
TypeError: jQuery(...).fancybox is not a function

Caused by your Joomla template loading jQuery 1.8.3 which prevents VM's fancybox from working.
<script src="/templates/horme2/js/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Remove that from the template & VM should then work.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

skione

skione

I've run into a problem. If I comment out jquery, the store starts working but the slideshow on the homepage requires it. I tried loading the same version of jquery in the home page and disabling it in the store but I seem to be stuck with either the store or the home page working. Am I missing something?

byPV

Hi,

the problem will probably be in the order of loading JS scripts.

I don't see the slideshow on your page, but I suppose that the slideshow does not wait for the whole page to load and you are loading jQuery manually later than the JS script for the slideshow, right?

Regards,
Pavel