News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I test its working?

Started by TooBe, April 01, 2012, 11:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooBe

Hi I thiiiinnnnkkk I have it all set up nicely just lacking some products now. Could life be that easy?WUTIN ;D
I have a client interested in supplying products but I want to make sure I have it all working including paypal and shipping. It seems too easy to set up the shipping and paypal. Is there any way of testing it all works before I start talking to clients?
Thank s for any help

John2400

TooBe,

There is no real manual to say when to turn over a site to a client - To test a site the first thing would be to make yourself the vendor then set up a open shipping rate - for a few dollars and a payment method like cash. Buy a product and see if you get all the information sent to you. Fill in the cart with lots of products, as any varients you can. fill in the comments. Get a friend to do the same thing. Or set up a few forwarding emails on the same domain and get them sent back to you.

* If all goes well - then you need a sand box paypal account and set up the correct shipping rates -

* Again you buy yourself using a few test purchases and forwarding emails.

* let your client test a few - purchases too and ease into removing yourself as vendor.
* My suggestion - don't go to your clients and say - "Finished "

TooBe

Thanks. I follow it all but what is this sandbox? I have a paypal account already. But I do not know what the sandbox means. I see it there but have not ticked it because I didnt understand it.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum