News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Istraxx UPS Plugin not working

Started by disco_dancer, September 05, 2012, 06:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco_dancer

Hello Guys,
I purchased the UPS Plugin but it is not working as expected. Below are the version info of my plugin:
   UPS Addon Information
Developed by    iStraxx
Version    UPS Version 1.8
License    Single domaine License Commercial

My problem is something like this, I want to show selected Delivery services as an option for my shoppers(maybe 3 options) but it is not showing the Delivery services option. How do i enable this? Please throw some light..

Thanks

alatak

Hello

You have a tutorial http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/8-shipment/5-ups-shipment-plugin that should help you to configurate it.
It gives also some tips to debug, when the delivery options are not shown.
If it still does not work, just contact me via this form http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vendor/virtuemart-extensions/contact
I will help you

johnlanglois

Quote from: alatak on September 05, 2012, 09:50:17 AM
Hello

You have a tutorial http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/8-shipment/5-ups-shipment-plugin that should help you to configurate it.
If it still does not work, just contact me via this form http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vendor/virtuemart-extensions/contact
I will help you
We are having a similar issue and the tutorial does not solve the problem.
We are getting the dreaded "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order."

Normally, we would select "UPS Ground" as our method of shipping, but that is not available in the drop down lists.  For that matter, a number of other choices listed in the tutorial do not appear.
Where will be find the correct choices? 

Our UPS module in VM 1.1.9 works great, so I am confident our account information is accurate.
Thank you.

alatak

Hello

I have answered your email. I will have a look at your problem.

johnlanglois

The problems went away once I moved the site from our local testing server to the ISP's server.
There must be some "phone home" moments that don't happen on the testing server.  Anyone know how to track those?

On the local server, choices such as  "UPS Ground" never appeared in the drop lists.
Once it was on a live server, they were there.
With those choices fully functional the UPS piece is now working.

We use VM 2.0.10 on Joomla 2.5.6 and PHP 5.3.17

Now, if I could just get the sales tax to stop including the shipping cost in its calculation...

alatak

Hello,

QuoteNow, if I could just get the sales tax to stop including the shipping cost in its calculation...
What is your exact problem?

johnlanglois

Quote from: alatak on September 11, 2012, 18:28:30 PM
Hello,

QuoteNow, if I could just get the sales tax to stop including the shipping cost in its calculation...
What is your exact problem?
Sales tax in Alabama is calculated WITHOUT the cost of shipping being included in the calculation.
I could not find an option in the cart that would exclude the shipping cost from +% choice.

Any ideas?

Tamakom

Quote from: alatak on September 05, 2012, 09:50:17 AM
Hello

I will help you

Hi alatak
I wish to purchase - plgvm_istraxx_ups_vm2.0.6_1.9.zip - for Virtuemart 2.0.10.
I sent a request from form/contact and I have not received a response.
Could you help me?

Regards

alatak

Hello

QuoteSales tax in Alabama is calculated WITHOUT the cost of shipping being included in the calculation.
I could not find an option in the cart that would exclude the shipping cost from +% choice.
I have contacted you by email.

bmw2182

I'm running this on Joomla 2.5.6 and Virtuemart 2.0.10. But I can't seem to get the UPS module to work.

I have gone through the troubleshooting without success.  I must be missing something......

#1 – created a UPS Login at UPS.com
#2 – Requested a developer API key

I installed and enabled the plug in. I created UPS under shipment method and configured it under the configuration tab.  I also published it. I have the API key, user password, UPS user id and UPS Account number setup.  I have tried both using wharehouse and shop address and neither make a difference.  I have Delivery Services as Next Day Air.  My UPS pickup method is Daily Pickup, Customer Classification I have is wholesale.  Packaging is package/customer supplied, local Weight Unit is LBS, Destination Type Auto, Insured Value – no, Use negotiated rates – yes, Free shipment blank, Accepted Countries is United States, UPS Logo blank for now, but once I get this working will add one, Enable Shipping tax – no, Tax rule – apply no rule.
It says it's Developed by IStraxx, UPS Version 1.14, License Single domain License Commercial

On my test product I have the weight in pounds filled in.
Trouble shooting – all I get is We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.  I can't seem to get any messages from UPS – just the We are sorry message.  I do have the UPS shipment method published.

Any ideas what else I can try?

johnlanglois

Go for UPS GROUND and the customer drops its off at your store and destination residential.  That seems to be the easiest one to get working.
Once it works, then you can try changing to something more exotic.

bmw2182

I tried it with just UPS Ground and residential.  If I can at least getting it communicating, then I can tweak it from there.  I have attached the print screen from my ups record and my checkout screen.  It didn't change anything :(

[attachment cleanup by admin]