News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[RESOLVED] Wanted - Howto install Virtuemart 1.1.0?

Started by Michael Mais, December 20, 2007, 14:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Mais

Before installing and making all the unnecessary mistakes and then complaining I thought it would be better to follow a howto. The file structure has changed a lot since the readme file in 1.0

Can anybody provide us with a howto install beta2 with Joomla 1.5

Thanks Michael

jenkinhill

First get the latest nightly version of Joomla 1.5 and install that. Check it works OK.

http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/#nightly

It is not necessary to activate the legacy plugin for VM releases later than 1104

Get the latest Virtuemart 1.1 development  package and unpack the zip on your PC.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=31381.0

Then install the component/modules/bots using Extensions/Install/uninstall

Note: for some servers you may have to increase the allowable upload file size in php.ini to be able to install com_virtuemart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Michael Mais

Thanks for the advice. Got my knickers in a terrible twist with all those different versions from joomla and virtuemart! Now I have the latest nightlies downloaded  and Joomla 1.5.0 installed

In the directory virtuemart1.1.0/com_virtuemart1.1 there is a readme.php. It instructs under "Installation" to unpack and then upload via Joomla the file com_virtuemart_1.1.0.tar.gz. However, included in the nightly is only a com_virtuemart_1.1.0.zip

In Joomla I turned legacy on and in "Extensions - Install/Uninstall" choose the com_virtuemart_1.1.0.zip file to upload/install. I get the error "Unable to find install package".

What to do?

Michael

Michael Mais

Found this is a Joomla issue. Have the same problem with other extension. Sorry for posting here in error.

Michael