News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Errors after updating to version 4.2.4

Started by cback, June 10, 2024, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cback

Hi there, I hope someone can help me. My web developer is in the process of upgrading my site. We have upgraded to Joomla 4.4.5 in combination with Virtuemart 4.2.4 and PHP 8.1. Previous versions were Joomla 3.10.12, Virtuemart 3.8.0 and PHP 7.4.

Before these upgrades, the site was working OK, just had a lot of bugs. Anyway, since these upgrades (at least, I assume it's to do with one of these updates), I am having strange issues.

I use Multisafepay for particular payments (VISA, Mastercard, Ideal, Sofort). Both my web developer and Multisafepay themselves are able to place orders and be successfully redirected to the Multisafepay page for payment.
When I try to place an order, no matter on PC, phone, IPAD etc, I just get blue screens with various errors. Usually, it's one of the 2 errors attached as screenshot.

I obviously do not know if this is a Joomla error or a VM error, so I will place this message on Joomla forum too, but perhaps someone has an idea? Nobody else seems to be able to help me. The website is currently live and these are the issues. As soon as I revert back to old site, then everything works fine. Multisafepay keeps telling me it's my network error or DNS settings, but I have changed nothing at all. And as I say, old site works just fine.

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I have no technical knowledge at all about any of this and my web developer doesn't know either :( Many thanks.

Jumbo!

The screenshots you provided clearly show that the payment plugin is not compatible with Joomla 4 and requires an update. If you acquired the plugin from a vendor, I recommend contacting them to request the necessary fix.

Alternatively, you can engage our services (https://www.virtueplanet.com/contact-us) to update the plugin and ensure compatibility with Joomla 4 and Joomla 5.