[Solved] Custom fields are not exposed in category view unless set as searchable

Started by Abatap, January 31, 2024, 19:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abatap

After updating to VM 4.2.0 - 4.2.4 and Joomla! 4.4.2 or Joomla! 5.0.2 I've noticed that some custom fields are outright missing when accessed through $product->customfieldsSorted property in sublayouts/products.php sublayout. They will only reappear now if reconfigured to be searchable which is not that great considering some of these fields hold no meaningful information when it comes to displaying them in the VM search block and these custom fields are only used to display additional product data or used as flags to mark products for some additional CSS styling in the category's product list.

Is this by design? Because it's certainly not how it used to be in some slightly older VM versions during the Joomla! 3 era.

VirtueMart 4.2.0 - 4.2.4, Joomla! 4.4.2 and Joomla! 5.0.2 with PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.1.

Milbo

The idea was to load only "is cart attribute", "is cart input", "is searchable" in the browseview. Because the other customfields are most time not displayed on the browse view.

But there should be also a configuration in the vmconfig to enable the old behaviour (load all customfields)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Abatap

webmanwebdesign

Hello,

where can I find this configuration setting?
I couldn't find something in the virtuemart.cfg and also in the configuration settings.

Maybe I am missing something.