Getting error vmerror: couldn't create order on order checkout page

Started by mohtashimj, October 31, 2023, 10:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohtashimj

Hello Team,

One week before my website is working fine and orders are placing perfectly from the website but now I am getting the "error vmerror: couldn't create order" error when any user is trying to make a payment on website.

Below are my Joomla and Virtuemart versions which used on website.
Joomla: 3.9.14
Virtuemart: 3.2.2

Please let me know if anyone was faced same issue in past.

Or let me know if any further details needed.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 3.2.2  is 6 years old now, so specific user help with that version is unlikely.  Was there a recent server change, eg PHP update?  Do you use an out-of-date payment plugin?  Have you checked for full error report or stack trace?

There are a few old forum reports of that error message but only on older versions than yours.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mohtashimj

I am only getting below in the error log file (com_virtuemart.log.php).

error vmerror: couldn't create order

Can you please let me know how can I get the full details of the error causing this issue?

Also we are using php version 7.2 and no updates in that on server.

jenkinhill

For error reporting:
In Joomla Global Configuration Server Settings set "Error Reporting" as "Maximum" and enable the "Debugging" option under System Settings. In VirtueMart Configuration set PHP Development mode for "all".

Now it should display the complete error trace and show you the exact file where the error is generated.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mohtashimj

Hey jenkinhill,

I did the changes as you mentioned but still only below error is displaying.

2023-10-31 19:08:23 ERROR vmError: Couldn't create order

Can you please provide me your contact details and I will share the details to check if you have few mins for me.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK