PayPal processing successfully but status remains PENDING

Started by pbhosts, September 26, 2023, 19:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbhosts

We have had everything running smoothly for a very long time, but suddenly we have a problem. There have been no changes made to anything anywhere.

Payments are processing fine in PayPal and return to site on completion is all good. BUT order status on client websites remains as PENDING even when payment is confirmed by PayPal. Everything has been working fine until last week, when it suddenly stopped. We can see in the PayPal account that the payment is processed and we can also see that the IPN status is RETRYING, not SENT.

I have a ticket open with PayPal but getting nowhere.

What am I missing?

The only thing I can find with a recent date is this:
From September 11 2023, updated Payment Receiving Preferences may impact the currencies that you can receive payments in. Please review your preferences to continue with normal operation of your account.
Note: If you're using IPN, you must update your scripts to handle payments in currencies other than US dollars.

jenkinhill

I'm guessing you are using an older VM and PayPal plugin version?
The latest VM versions have a new PayPal plugin to work with the PayPal REST API V2.

https://virtuemart.net/news/516-virtuemart-4-2-including-new-paypal-checkout
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rednaxela

Did you get the issue resolved? I have had the same problem in our shop for a few days.