News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Have SET cost price while using Price Override

Started by Niko, June 10, 2016, 11:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

Hello

As the topic says, I would like to have SET cost prices while using Price Override.

The issue we have with this store is that the products do not use a set margin that is used across all the products, and in fact, there are currently no rules for margin/tax/profit/etc.

Each product on this store has a custom margin, so we cannot use the margin and the default pricing etc. So I need to have a way that I can set the cost price, and then set the sales price. This is for accounting reasons and is important to the store.

My details are as follows:

VM Version: VirtueMart 3.0.16
Joomla: 3.5.1

Thank you

AH

In your case - Maybe you can work without entering the supplier cost price

The simplest option -

Cost price = the net price  (enter the cost price and the retail price is automatically calculated)
Final price = Price + any sales tax

Don't bother entering the actual cost of goods
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

Jörgen

Hello

I have a suggestion.

Create a couple of hidden categories, call them for example 100%_markup, 75%_markup, 50%_markup or whatever You prefer.
Make calculation rules and assign to these categories.

Now You can add these categories to Your products and You will get the markup You want :) I usually give them the same names as the categories.

Don´t forget to use default calculation rules for the products. It is also easy to see what markup You are using for each product.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Niko

Thank you both for your replies. I am going to ponder on this a little bit more because I expect this to be an option.
The hidden categories option seems like a real mission.

If i come up with a solution I will post back.

Thank you guys.