News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

redirect to cart instead of profile page when logging in during checkout

Started by tinus1982, March 23, 2016, 16:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinus1982

Hello,

I can't figure out how to make a returning customer to be redirected to the next cart step when logging in during the checkout process.
When a new customer registers during checkout he will be sent te the next step of checkout after registering but an existing customer can log in on the same page but gets redirected to his/her profile editing page instead of the next checkout step. I find it rather inconvenient when the customer needs click the cart button again to continue while they we're already trying to checkout.
Can someone help me find out how to change this?

Kind regards,

Tinus
running joomla 3.5.0 & virtue mart 3.0.14

jenkinhill

No URL so have to guess.  Are you using the Joomla login module? If so disable it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tinus1982

Hi Kelvyn,

New to all this so I forgot the URL: www.xquise.eu
I checked all of the plugins and the joomla login plugins state that I need to have at least one active login plugin or I lose all access to my site. I didn't find any specific login plugins for virtuemart so I'm not very keen on disabling it :) To my knowledge I only use the login modules provided with virtuemart.

thanks,

Tinus

jenkinhill

I checked all of the plugins and the joomla login plugins state that I need to have at least one active login plugin or I lose all access to my site.

It is a module, mod_login, and it can be disabled if necessary. But that does not to appear to be your problem having looked at the site.

You may be using VM3.0.14 but you are using template overrides that have older code.

The fix you need is here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=133016.msg460737#msg460737

The file should be in /templates/deltastudios/html/com_virtuemart/user/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tinus1982

Hi Kelvyn,

Thanks a lot. Wouldn't have figured that out myself.

Thanks,

Tinus