News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Re-build vmusers ?

Started by dmb, April 01, 2016, 21:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmb

I think I have a significant problem on my site, let me see if I can explain ...

I have a few orders that show up in Virtuemart | Orders with user names that are not clickable. It turns out that these are orders placed by Joomla users who so not have a Virtuemart shopper record - the orders have virtuemart_userid = 0. The customer ID for each of these is not the random string that normal orders contain but is nonreg_jimbob@x.com.

I also notice that my virtuemart_vmusers table only has 16 entries, although I have hundreds of shoppers. These might be people who have registered since the site went live last week. Can I re-build this table ?

Any help much appreciated, I think I might have a real problem here.

Thanks,

David

Jörgen

Hello

User that don't register a user account leave these trails in the virtuemart_orders table. Your new visitors have not registered themselves. Turn of the possibility to check out without registration if You want to stop this.
Otherwise I don´t see any problem, what is it that You consider a problem ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dmb

Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for your reply - this explains it perfectly. I've turned off the "check out without registration" option, so I should stop seeing this. Do you know if I should have a virtuemart_vmusers record corresponding to each shopper, or are these created when people purchase ?

I guess what I saw as the main problem is that the visitors who checked out are actually registered users - they have Joomla logins but not shop ones. I guess they must have checked out as guests but then re-entered their address details on checkout. Because they don't have shopper IDs, they can't now see these orders when they *do* log in. I guess they just have to live with it  :)

Just in passing I have another problem that might be related (described in a separate thread). Several times I have orders that have had invoices generated and emailed to the purchaser and to our administrator, but no order records created at all (no header/items/history/userinfos) - are you aware of any checkout scenario that could cause this effect ?

Thanks again,

David

Jörgen

Hello

You can alway search and find their orders (e-mail, surname etc). I have shoppers that are registered but for some reason don´t use their registration at checkout.
It is possible to manually fill in their user id. The virtuemart_user_id is the value You have to update in the virtuemart_order_userinfos and virtuemart_orders. If You update the lines associated with the actual virtuemart_order_id, the customer (and you) can access the order as if he registered it at the time of purchase. With some PhpMyAdmin knowledge, like You seem to have, this is an easy task. Even though I would have had the possibility to do that in the back end. Maybe I add this later on.

have a nice day

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.