News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Creation through Database VM3

Started by MSpencer141, June 09, 2015, 13:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSpencer141

Hi, I'm using Virtuemart 3.0.9 and Joomla 3.0 and I am currently migrating all the product information across from Virtuemart 1.5 and Joomla 1.5 - I am doing this manually as there are a few extra columns we have added and the databases could do with a clear out. I'm running a script that moves across all the product information including prices, descriptions, sizes (using a multi-variant layout) and whether they are an adult or child product.

The issues I am finding is that the products price and sizes, using the multi-variant layout, does not seem to be picked up and changed in the back-end until I have clicked 'Save' on the product and therefore it is not correct on the front-end, I have broke down the problems below;

- the price has all the necessary information including discounts and tax which are selected in the back-end yet it does not change the price until 'Save' is pressed.
- the multi-variants is correctly formatted in the database yet the drop-downs are not pre-selecting the correct attribute in the back-end, only selecting 'Please Select'.

I am unfamiliar with how this data is handled as I cannot see any information being changed in the database when 'Save' is pressed.

Any help would be much appreciated!