News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Terms of Service not working

Started by gofer123, February 07, 2015, 21:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gofer123

Hi all,
I know this has been posted before but I can't find a solution.
I have these boxes checked;
Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER    
Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout

The shopper, when clicks on "Check out now" they are not prompted to read the TOS.
The link is working OK for the TOS but the shopper is not forced to open this link, can someone help me out here, the client's getting a little twitchy.
Thanks

VirtueMart 3.0.0
Joomla! 3.3.6
PHP   5.3.28

jenkinhill

Update to VM3.0.4 - some bugs fixed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gofer123

Thanks Kelvyn,
Do I reload the new version over the top of the old? (after creating a full back up) or is there an upgrade package?
Thank you

GJC Web Design

just re-install both packages - there is never an update package
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

gofer123

gofer123

Hi,
I updated the site to VM3.0.4 without any problems but my the TOS is not fixed. Anything else I should be looking at other than what I mentioned in my first post.
Cheers

gofer123

Sorry to bump but I can't find an answer for this, I have also checked the boxes in Shopper Fields so "agree" and "tos" are checked but no success, the shopper can go straight to the deilvery details without having to click the TOS link.
Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

In default VM the shopper has never had to actually view the TOS. They only have to click in the little box to accept the terms - if it is set to required.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gofer123

gofer123

If the box is set to required, does that require the shopper to tick the box before progressing?

jenkinhill

Yes - the fields are Agreed and TOS in Shopper Fields menu.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

gofer123

Hi Kelvyn,

I must be doing something wrong, I've got both those fields set as required but the shopper can still progress to the next stage without clicking the "agree" box.
Cheers