News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Change Order confirmation email address from Vendor to Customer

Started by peter.gazo, June 01, 2014, 23:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.gazo

Hello,

I have searched for hours, but could not find solution. I have installed a new website for my client (vendor). His former web was at VM 1, and the site was very obsolete. The new site is VM 2.6.6.
The problem is, on the old site, my client received order confirmation emails where the "From" address was the customer address.
Now from the new site (VM 2.6.6) he receives order confirmation emails from Vendor. In his email client he sees the sender as "Me". It is very confusing for him. He needs to see the "From" email address of the customer.

How can I change it?

Thanks
Peter
Peter Gazo

jenkinhill

In current VM versions the Reply to address in the order email is the customer's email, so all the vendor needs to do is hit reply. It works this way because many shared servers will not permit email to be sent from a domain using a from address that is not related to that domain.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

peter.gazo

Peter Gazo

jenkinhill

You should see a modify icon next to the existing first message title.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum