News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Correct ways to upgrade vm2

Started by myplace2100, May 20, 2014, 17:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myplace2100

I want to upgrade virtuemart to latest version as i have 2.0.22a version installed which is a security risk. So I will do update process locally then i will move my joomla site to production server.

So, which link i follow to upgrade, clicking the upgrade link at left bottom in vm component or clicking virtuemart-aio component(which i installed before) ??
Or what could be the best ways to upgrade as i am things locally.
joomla & wordpress extension developer

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

myplace2100

So auto upgrading either from component or virtuemart-aio shouldn't be done.so, i need to download latest package from the link you provided and install over the previous version? Will it keep all previous version data and plugins like what we mean by upgrade ?     

jenkinhill

Yes, data will be retained, as is normal with all J2.5 that I have used.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

myplace2100

ok now i think i should download stable version like i did download "com_virtuemart.2.6.0a_extract_first.zip" under "2.6.0 (stable, hardened version) section" in the url u provided. is it right for use?? I will soon install that version over my existing vm 2.0.22 locally. What errors and incompatibility might arise because of that upgrade to 2.6.0 ?? which i should take care of ??

jenkinhill

You should get the latest version, com_virtuemart.2.6.2_extract_first.zip  ( http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files )  Note that you must have PHP5.3.10 or better on the server, preferably PHP5.4+

Possible issues are a failure to check the new configuration options in the latest version, or template overrides that need editing to work with the latest version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK