News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Discount Coupon Handling Error

Started by Bichito82, June 16, 2014, 15:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bichito82

Hi,

I have an issue that I do not know how to fix. When the coupons from Virtuemart are used, with express paypal checkout, Paypal does not allow the payment to be completed throwing an error called "10428 Handling Total is invalid". If no coupon is used, then no error is thrown and payment is completed correctly. This happens as well with Awocoupon.

I have been dealing this issue with Paypal Technical Service and they have detected that an error from the shopping cart is causing this. Apparently, the cart is sending a variable with negative value, when this is not allowed. The variable is paymentrequest_0_handlingamt. Their team has told me to let Virtuemart know about it. They suggest that, when a negative value is to be used, the variable PAYMENTREQUEST_n_SHIPDISCAMT should be used instead.

Since I have no clue on how to fix this, I was hoping someone would tell me, and or maybe virtuemart provides a quick fix to this issues.

This is the info that the cart sent to Paypal when the discount coupon was used:
maxamt "100"
noshipping "1"
addroverride "0"
localecode "ES"
method "SetExpressCheckout"
version "104.0"
currencycode "EUR"
buttonsource "VirtueMart_Cart_PPA"
paymentrequest_0_currencycode "EUR"
paymentrequest_0_amt "10.72"
paymentrequest_0_itemamt "8.2"
paymentrequest_0_shippingamt "3.34"
paymentrequest_0_handlingamt "-0.82"
paymentrequest_0_paymentaction "Sale"
paymentrequest_0_name "'Item Name"
paymentrequest_0_number "CARS036807400002"
paymentrequest_0_qty "2"

Thanks a lot in advance!

alatak

Hello
Ok, thank you. I will try that.

Bichito82

Thank you Alatak.

I do not have much knowledge as to what files to edit, where to find them and what to change but what I was sure was about the error, which Paypal support has confirmed. I hope you do find how to fix it or maybe virtuemart provides a fix. As well, to take note for future upgrades. Coupons are a much needed feature. Keep us posted on your progress please, your help is appreciated.

Thanks