News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Parent/Child Stock level problem

Started by notanothernumber, February 21, 2014, 03:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notanothernumber

Currently running tests on a site which has a large amount of parent and child products & I seem to have hit the wall with managing the stock. Problem runs as follows:

In main configuration setting as follows -Action when a Product is Out of Stock: Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button
I have a product with 3 items in stock (all child products).
I bought 1, then as a test went back in as a customer and it allowed me to buy 3 more, a total of 4 – not good.
In the back end I tried putting in 3 in 'Maximum Purchase Quantity', did the same exercise and no good, same result.

I'm lost here as it appears to not be controlling stock properly? Can it be down to/tie in with the 'Book, ordered Products' section?

Joomla! 2.5.14 + VM 2.0.24

lindapowers

Yes, the key is probably inside the order status at VM backend.

Check if the order status of the first order has actually deleted the stock from the product selected.

Even with booked it should't allow you to buy 3 more.

Is possible that the selected status didnt so the system understands that product is still available, that is what happened to us that we had not checked the relation between order status and stock.

Regards

notanothernumber

Cheers lindapowers that was the go. To anyone else having similar problems do the following:

Go to – Configuration > Order Status
I changed the confirmed, confirmed by shopper and pending to 'is removed' for the stock level.

Cheers Martin