News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

buy button showing for non-logged in shoppers

Started by MBAngel, February 06, 2014, 22:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBAngel

I upgraded from 2.0.22 to 2.0.26d in Joomla 2.5.7. 

I had it so ppl had to create an account or be logged in to click the buy button.  I went to go make sure that the shopper group for prices was set to default, not "allow all"...  I'm confused as to how I make it so they cannot buy without an account. 

The screens for this are really ugly and it's not a graceful process they way you have it built in, so I was trying to avoid editing all that by just flat out not offering a buy button.  It was working just fine until I did the upgrade, and now they can buy without being logged in.

I do want them to see the prices and info without being logged in tho, so setting the product to only be visible to default isn't the right option..  I did try this and ti removes the product from the site entirely unless you're logged in. 

MBAngel

This is the url to my site...  http://azliquortraining.com/

was it just some kind of bug that allowed me to not show the buy button to non members?

I didn't change anything baout the products, I just upgraded...  should I be able to hide the buy button but not the product itself from non mebers?

MBAngel

so, as I look around and try to find any setting that might work, I see that it's not showing a price for anonymous users, but the buy button shows...?  I have it set so they have to create an account on the way out. 

I can see how to add a price to show to anonymous users, but I don't see a way to make it unavailable to buy?  Any suggestions on how to set things up so that the price shows but not the buy button?