News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

For Upgrade to VM 2.0.26d, Why is Install file included?

Started by gldproducts, January 28, 2014, 16:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldproducts

I'm running Joomla 2.5.17 and Virtuemart 2.0.26c, and I see for "d" patch, there is an install folder included? I do the manual updates via FTP, do I "really" need to do the "Install" folder as well? I've already copied over the 'd' files, and VM is telling me I'm still on version 'c'.  :-\

jenkinhill

The installer is so that the database can be updated for the new version. That's why the current recommended procedure is to use Joomla's extensions installer to update both components. I guess you can use the "Install or if necessary update tables" tool though.

Once installed you can use the Refresh update information button on the live update info page to update the version number
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gldproducts

Thanks jenkinhill! I guess, I should roll with the changes. Guess it's the old Mambo user in me that likes to still FTP.  ;D

jenkinhill

Please don't remind me of the bad old days.... I was a rebel and jumped straight from Mambo to Joomla1.0   :)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

and that is also the reason you can just use ftp, call the link to tools and execute it, which does exactly the same as update, except copying the files.

The update and install function is in the same file,. joomla standard, btw.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member