rseanlucas

PHP Built On    Linux biz117.inmotionhosting.com
PHP Version    5.3.27
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.9 Stable
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable

Hi,
1- I am trying to update virtuemart in Joomla for a client. The error messages below display on the dashboard for virtuemart.

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/samsar6/public_html/bluewave-electric.com/cache/com_virtuemart.updates.ini) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/samsar6/public_html/bluewave-electric.com/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 418

2- I try to update to the latest version it give me this:

Invalid Token, in store config

3- When I try to make any changes in the configuration it gives me this message.

Warning, the Safe Path is not accessible (does not exist or no permission), for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/samsar6/public_html/vmfiles, use this link to the config
Warning, the Safe Path is not accessible (does not exist or no permission), for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/samsar6/public_html/vmfiles, use this link to the config

Please help as this is my first time working with Virtuemart on Joomla.

Thanks,
Sean

jenkinhill

First suggest you update Joomla to 2.5.17  - the version you are using is old and known to be insecure.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Update VirtueMart using Joomla's extensions manager, not the live updater in VM which frequently does not work with latest file versions.  If you are updating from a much older VM version then you may need to rewrite some template overrides if used.

For the safe path warning see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98633.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum