News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update Problem from V2.0.0 to V2.0.22

Started by Hiflo, July 11, 2013, 18:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiflo

Hi,

*Joomla V2.5.11 *VM V2.0.0 *Apache version 2.2.21 *PHP version 5.2.17

Installed VM V2.0.0 as I had problems trying to install V2.0.22.

Now trying to update to 2.0.22

Using VM update within Joomla Admin I recieve an error: "Unable to open archive Extracting the update package failed. Please try updating the extension manually."

Tried using Joomla Extension Manager however I recieve a 500 Error.

Also in VM AIO it says I already have the latest version being V2.0.22 which doesn't agree with the Live Update in VM.

Is there another method to update please?

Thank You
Novices like me always save a file to desktop before editing & saving!

jenkinhill

Do not update if you are using PHP5.2 as your upgrading will error. Update your PHP version to 5.3+ first or wait for an updated release which will update VM to 2.0.22a (that will probably be the version) on hosts still using old PHP versions.

Live updating does not work propely on many shared hosts so always use Joomla's extensions manager.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hiflo

A sincere thank you Jenkin for your reply; I'm new to VM & you have really saved me a lot of time & frustration chasing a wild goose.

Now I just have to work out three plus seven to post:  :-[
Novices like me always save a file to desktop before editing & saving!