Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Default number of products/categories in a row

Started by Tenuw, May 01, 2013, 21:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenuw

Hi.

I'm on Virtuemart: 2.0.6a/Joomla: 2.5.6

I'm really struggling with this. I've read similar posts, but nothing comes close to solving this issue.

I'm trying to set up four products/categories in a row, and Virtuemart insists on using three, even though I've gone through all the settings in the Configuation. When I disable all custom CSS, and overrides, it still shows as three products/categories in a row. I've even tried setting two, six, eight, but only three appear across the page.

I hope I don't have to upgrade, as it took me such a long time to find a stable version of Virtuemart for my pruposes. I've customised it so much, it would be very painful to do it all again!

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Have you set the Default Number of Products per Row on each category edit page as well?

All VM versions before 2.0.10 are known to have security issues so upgrading is highly recommended if being used for a live store. Also for security reasons you should update your joomla version to current, 2.5.11
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tenuw

Hi Kelvyn

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have set the Default Number of Products/Categories per Row (please see attachment). I'm not aware of any other settings other than these. Could it be something else?

Thanks for the upgrade advice. Although the store isn't live yet. There are other issues that need to addressed before I look into testing the upgrade path for both Joomla and Virtuemart.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

It is possible that your Joomla template's main content area is not wide enough so four products will not fit. Other than that I can't remember if there was an issue with products per row with that old version. I know it works fine for me with the current version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tenuw

Hi Kelvyn

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for asking, but its plenty wide. Its a bizarre issue. I didn't notice it before, as I designed the another store with just three products/categories in a row. At the time, I didn't try any other amounts as I didn't need to.

OK. I'll have to upgrade (painful!), but if anything else comes to mind in the meantime, I'd still appreciate the input!

Cheers.

Kind regards.