Pagination failure - List Box drop down generates a blank page (v2.0.20b)

Started by wizardofaus, April 29, 2013, 18:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizardofaus

I'm having trouble with a couple of details regarding Virtuemart v2.0.20b that I'd like to know if anyone has the answer to, as I've been Googling around and apparently am not quite looking the answer up the right way.

Problem #1) On my categories, the drop down that lets you change number of items per page (say, from 6 items per page to 12 items per page) shows the numbers I set for it in the 'Set the pagination sequence for the List Box' box. However, attempting to actually use any of these results in a blank page. If the Home Page settings are set to show categories, Featured, Top Ten, or Recent products, they show up here, but otherwise, the page is blank and ends with a /results,1-12 URL. I am currently using VirtueMart SEO settings (without product and category ID numbers), and Joomla Search Engine Friendly URLs with URL rewriting but without suffix. My Joomla version is 2.5.10.

Problem #2) When displaying all products by a manufacturer, it also displays the category list (from top-level); I don't want to display the top level of categories under any circumstances. Likewise, when I'm viewing an item that is listed in, say, a parent category and a child category, is there a way to make the child categories not show up in the listing if someone finds it by the parent category?

Again, I've tried Googling about for answers, but haven't had much luck. Will provide more information as needed.

jjk

Problem #1: It should work if you also set the category form limits in each category configuration. If there is anything set already, the individual category settings override the global settings.

Problem #2: I'm not shure if I understand your problem description correctly. Try to disable 'Show Children Category' in VM Configuration > Templates tab > Shopfront settings.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations