News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Continue Shopping Button

Started by psmarketing, March 28, 2013, 21:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psmarketing

I cannot find the options for showing a "Continue Shopping" button while in cart. The only way to go back to the store is by hitting back? That seems weird.
Where can I find this functionality?

jenkinhill

A continue shopping link is present in the added to cart popup and on the cart/checkput page. Which of yours is missin?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

psmarketing

My apologies:

I am using VirtueMart Version -    2.0.20b
On Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ] 8-November-2012 14:00 GMT

I currently do not use the pop-up feature. The only button I see in the cart and during the check-out process is the "Check out Now" which later turns into "Confirm Purchase"

Would this be something that the template is omitting? Thank you for your help

jenkinhill

If you are using template overrides then the continue shopping link may well be missing. The code for it in the default template at components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.php   is

<?php // Continue Shopping Button
         if ($this->continue_link_html != '') {
            echo $this->continue_link_html;
         } ?>
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

psmarketing

Thank you for this solutions, this worked perfectly as I found out that this was out of the override from the template.

One exception here: the url

Currently it goes to:
/component/virtuemart

which does not work for us... we need it to go to

/shop

Would you please let me know where I can change this?

Thanks,

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

psmarketing

I am literally talking about where do I change the direction of that specific link, not SEF. How do I make the "continue shopping" link to go to an specific page I want?

jenkinhill

Edit the  echo $this->continue_link_html;   to go you the page url you want. Whatever "Shop"is.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK