News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vm2 joomla 2.5 multilingual product details path problems

Started by sparkx, March 04, 2013, 13:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkx

Hi,

Just installed a vm2 and joomla 2.5 multilingual site following the http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104901.msg349135#msg349135 tutorial and everything works gr8 in joomla content and modules until i click on "product details" in the ro-RO language. In en-GB I don't have this problem.

en-GB main menu VM2 link is /index.php/en-VM2-link-category-layout-text
ro-RO main menu VM2 link is /index.php/ro/ro-VM2-link-category-layout-text

until now everything works perfectly, the categories are displayed in correct language, items show in lists in correct language, but ... when i click on product details comes the tricky part ....

en-GB link for product details /index.php/en-VM2-link-category-layout-text/product-categ/product-name ... correct display no problem 100% ok

ro-RO link for product details /index.php/ro/shop/product-categ/product-name ... and the template is broken, main menu not showing, and a lot of other modules not showing. Wasn't this link supposed to be something like /index.php/ro/ro-VM2-link-category-layout-text/product-categ/product-name like in the en version? Where did this shop path came from?

Thank you.

sparkx

Found the problem and solved it ...

Sometimes after u follow the guide to make your site multilingual u get some warning errors about virtuemart not been added to the menu. At least this is what i got and solved the problem by adding a new menu to Main Menu All and named it shop. That is where my shop rogue link came from. After unpublishing it there seems there are no more problems and my ro-RO section is working like it should.

Why the main menu all vm link showed on the product details link when i also had a specific ro-RO link i don't understand ... but this is how u fix it.