News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't Install VirtueMart to Joomla

Started by emma2013, January 07, 2013, 15:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma2013

Hi, I am  getting so frustrated now - all day Ive tried installing VirtueMart to Joomla using both methods - "Upload Package File" and "Install from Directory", but I had no luck.

When Installing from directory I keep getting this error message:

"Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15/administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\tmp\large-component\script.vmallinone.php on line 327

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15/administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\config.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\tmp\large-component\script.vmallinone.php on line 327"

Please help me.

jenkinhill

You probably have not set high enough PHP resources in your localhost.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125

Do not use Joomla 1.5 - it is no longer supported. Use Joomla 2.5.8
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

emma2013

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 07, 2013, 18:14:04 PM
You probably have not set high enough PHP resources in your localhost.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125

Do not use Joomla 1.5 - it is no longer supported. Use Joomla 2.5.8

Thanks for your reply. Just to make it clear I am not using Joomla 1.5! I am using Joomla! 2.5.8.

And I changed the settings in php.ini, but still having the same problem.

Any other suggestions, please?

jenkinhill

Your warning messages say joomla15....

Which package are you trying to install? 
com_virtuemart.2.0.16d_extract_first.targz.zip
or
com_virtuemart.2.0.16d_extract_first.zip

Did you first successfully install the com_virtuemart.2.0.16d.xxx fileset followed by the com_virtuemart.2.0.16d_ext_aio.xxx archive when you see the error?  The error is generated by the com_virtuemart.2.0.16d_ext_aio files looking for the first..

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

emma2013

Yeah the messages say joomla15, because the folder in C:\xampp\htdocs is called joomla15; I can rename the folder, but I dont think thats the problem, isit?

I am trying to install com_virtuemart.2.0.16c_extract_first.targz.zip, because the other one didn't work too.

I coudn't even install the first fileset (com_virtuemart.2.0.16c.tar.gz). So when I try to 'Upload Package File' I get this error - Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\tar.php on line 146.  Even though I changed the "max_execution_time = 120 ".

And when I try to 'Install from Directory',  that's when I get that error message I first mentioned.

Thank you for your help so far.

jenkinhill

Quote from: emma2013 on January 08, 2013, 01:11:35 AM
So when I try to 'Upload Package File' I get this error - Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\tar.php on line 146.  Even though I changed the "max_execution_time = 120 ".

That tells me you have more than one php.ini file, and the one that is being used by the system still has the default settings. You need to look through your xampp files to locate this. For localhost even 120 secs may not be long enough.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

vioras

Hello :) i have a problem with virtuemart that drives me nuts  :( i'm using joomla 2.5 and when i'm trying to install virtuemart..nothing happens, i mean i don't receive any confirmation message.i've also tried to install it from directory, but i get something like: please enter a package directory..does somebody know what to do?:( i have to finish a site until Tuesday..and i'm  not using localhost..but a server.

jenkinhill

If you are on a real server and have enough resources set for PHP and disk space then VM2 should install with no problems. If you are on a server where you cannot increase upload_max_filesize to something reasonable, then use the com_virtuemart.2.0.18a_extract_first.targz.zip and both components in that package have lower file sizes than for the zip packages.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK