News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No Page Heading after vm & joomla migration

Started by anthony, November 10, 2012, 01:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

I cannot get titles to appear on the top of some vm pages - not the browser title, but the <h1> title at top of the component - usually the shop category.
Individual products are ok - the product name appears at top as expected.
I get page titles in Cart, Account pages etc, just not in the categories and main vm page.
Of course I have checked the menu items - since that is where one would expect to manage titles. Not really new at this.  It doesn't matter what template I use.

I have vm 2.0.12f - was migrated & updated from an old vm1.1 on J1.5

The page titles don't seem to have anything to do with the vm templates. Any ideas how to address this?

Possibly related (non-vm issues):
- featured (home) component (joomla core) also does not show a page title.
- getting "Category not found" errors when creating new link to a (new) blog category - I think the category isn't created, somehow!
- 'Rebuilding Menus' sends new menu items to the top of the list, & I have to send them back down every time  - menu item order isnt retained.
- migration was by jupgrade

... so I suspect an issue with database tables during migration. Probably nothing to do with vm, but just putting the keywords out there & hoping a joomla fairy will visit.

regards
anthony
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.

Joseph Kwan

Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.