News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Serving VM media from subdomain possible?

Started by Menace, November 14, 2012, 13:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hello all,

I have a Jommla 2.5.4 with VM 2.0.12f installation in domain root "www.mynewsite.com." Site is still in development.

When using pagespeed or yslow I always get bad results for not serving static content from cookie-free domains.

Is it possible to work around this in an "easy" way without getting in trouble with actual Jommla and VM configuration and keeping VM data and installation like it is?

bytelord

Hello,

I think this is most related to your joomla template and other modules you are using that probably load a lot of javascript files, big images. You should give us a live url and to run the test also so will able to give you some instructions how to correct your site speed. Also if you search the forum you will find some good posts how to optimize your web site.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Menace

Thank you bytelord for the quick response.

The problem is, I can't put the side live at the moment because product database is not up to date and there are still things to be reviewed by my lawyer if everythings OK. Logos and names have to be checked and rights to be served and so on.

What I guess is a problem and I am looking for a solution is when I run Pagespeed, it tells me to minimize request size. It is pointing to images. They are not of big size and not resized by css. What pagespeed tells me is that they all have a request size of about 2kib, the cookie for each of them is 1.6kib of this size. I think this is way to much to not do anything against this especially when the number of images is about 30-50 or so per page.

The Pagespeed in general is not a huge deal. The sites have a score of about 72-78 in PageSpeed test with js and css not even compressed and combined at the moment.

Total weight 2790k, 108 requests with empty cache.

bytelord

Without a live url i cannot tests either on my side, you i will not be able to track some issues you may have
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!