News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cart Attribute Actual Price

Started by chaos, August 17, 2012, 11:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos

Sadly using the latest version of VM2.0.8e and have discivered that for some stupid reason the facility to list product varients as actual prices is no longer there - or is it and I can't find it?

Right now I'm having to use '+value difference' to get the pricing right and this simply looks poor and I'm sure is costing sales as the price per product isn't simply displayed, is there any known way to get back this facility??

John2400

chaos,

Hi that has been a hot topic since VM2 came out - infact you don't put the plus "+'  just put the price and the variant adds on.
I think most have go used to it - maybe I still like the old one set up in VM 1 - but as time goes on I can see that it appears to make some modules and plugins that people design easier to design as they can attach the code easier to the original price inputs/database - I think I did see someone do a small hack - I'll keep an eye on your post and see if someone can  reply on a hack. 

chaos

Thanks for the reply, I'm not actually using the + sign, just used on the post as a descriptive means.

I can see how the value addition could work on some set ups, but for me it's not so much a variant of a product but a different product altogether i.e fixed lengths of pipe work in different sizes, 1", 2", 4" etc Would simply be nicer and more practical to have the price of each variant rather than an addition to the smallest pipe size price.

If i was selling in different lengths I can see how it would make more sense, but i'm not so it doesn't and I have to put the + symbol on the description of each size -ahgggggg

John2400

There are a few modules in regards to size cost ect :

Again these were developed for just what you mentioned : They are not mine

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

cost by size - people really like these