News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Admin panel error: vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb

Started by operapixie, May 30, 2012, 07:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

operapixie

Hi there,
I'm very new to VM, but have used Joomla for quite awhile now.  Having difficulties with the initial installation here.

At the top of every admin page of the VM admin panel I have the following errors:

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.0191359519958

Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /path/public_html/vmfiles

No idea if the following is related or not, but when I try and add a category, the page gets all wonky (no css) the following error appears as well:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /path/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 459

Help?

Thanks in advance.

~Laura

martinwat

Just join this forum and looking forward to share my experience.

(Advertising link removed by moderator)

operapixie

Bump

Still having this problem.  Any ideas what would be causing this?  It doesn't appear at this point that it's causing any actual problems in the admin area, but it's not enjoyable to see error messages throughout my shopping cart admin area.

Thanks in advance.

~Laura

jjk

I guess it would be a good idea to update your Joomla and VM2 to the latest versions and then disable VMDebug in the VM2 configuration. The "VMDebug" line is just an information supplied by the VM Debug feature which can be used by developers to locate bugs in the code.

In the latest VM2 version there is another suggestion on how to set up your safe path correctly.

Concerning your editor error - this looks like a problem with the editor you have selected within Joomla, not a VM2 problem.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

webzight

It would be a lot easier for the forum folks to help you if would list the version of Joomla! and VM you are running per the instructions on using this forum :o  MMMMKKKKAAAY!
May the Cloud be with you :)

operapixie

My apologies.  I did think that if I was posting in the VM2 forum, it would be assumed that was the version I was using.

I'm using *specifically*:
VM - 2.0.6
Joomla: 2.5.6

So far as I can tell, these are the most up-to-date versions.

I'm not sure how, but the editor error went away on it's own.

I had turned off the debug feature in Joomla, but had somehow missed it for VM.  I'm curious though: If it's there to show error messages for the code to developers, wouldn't that mean that there are issues in the code that should be fixed?  I have not made any changes to the VM code at all, so I'm a little concerned there.

Thanks in advance.

~Laura